Sunday, June 24, 2012

Samui





Laem Yai Beach
 Miles and miles of coastline and beach, easily accessible.....

I've driven around the island - it doesn't take that long -  and done some exploring. 
Taling Ngam, the Virgin Coast
Lovely Bang Por beach




Bang Por Beach with Koh Phangnan in the distance
Bang Por Beach fisherman
Chaweng Noi Beach
Namuang 2 Waterfall











This is the Bliss U Spa Massage shop in Mae Nam.  I teach the staff English in trade for massage.  They were testing out the new "fish spa" and invited me to put my legs too.  (To me, this is a weird concept)






To snorkle or dive, it is a 2 hour trip on the catamaran ferry to Koh Tao or the small private island, Koh Nangyuan.

Nangyuan from the viewpoint (rocks on top of the next photo) and Koh Tao to the right.



One of the three islands at Koh Nangyuan.

With Keisha, our S. African Dive Instructor, and my colleague, Chinese Teacher Li, ready for our second dive.  Gorgeous!




View from my kitchen and back porch
Where I live and work  in Mae Nam is low key... easy to get around.  I walk to school and also to the beach (a deserted part of the beach) in 7 minutes.


My house, which is down a quiet dirt road and has a coconut and banana tree grove in the back.