Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Women and children


Colorful.
Women shopping for a wedding.  (The fabric top left is local to that area of Rajasthan only.  I bought it and it hangs over my bed)

Dancers in Jaipur


Taken in a Jaipur Hindu Temple, moments before the women motioned for me to come and sit with them and join them for the chanting.  I did - the only foreigner except for a friend from our tour who sat on the men's side. 

These women asked for a photo of me with them, so I asked for one of them. 










I think that Indian women are the most beautifully attired and decorated in the world.  





Saris would often be in the most brilliant and florescent colors.

Bangles






One of the "Wild Women", who wanted me to be as beautifully decorated as she was.  One of the men said that this young woman already owned two water buffalo.  She smiled proudly.






The little girl on the left and I compared hennaed hands